HepTech Protocol Effects
The HepTech System is a Medical Food, and has proven effective in preventing and reversing damage from the various types of Chronic Hepatitis. Many insults cause liver inflammation/damage, such as: alcohol, viruses, toxins, fatty deposits, and autoimmune attack. Inflammation and Free Radicals (ROS/Reactive Oxygen Species) mediate the damage to the hepatocytes (the functional cells of the liver). The ROS damage the liver structure (bile canals, arteries, and veins). Free Radicals/ROS damage causes conversion of stellate cells to myofibroblasts. Myofibroblasts in turn secrete collagen leading to fibrosis and ultimately cirrhosis. Cirrhosis includes a variety of systemic responses such as ascites (fluid accumulation in the abdomen), esophageal varices (swollen veins in the esophagus), Hepatic Encephalopathy (cognitive symptoms due to ammonia elevation), and HRS (Hepatorenal Syndrome).
The Hep Tech system:
- Quenches Free Radicals/ROS to reduce damage to the liver cell enzymes, genetic material, and cell structures.
- Quenches Free Radicals/ROS to prevent conversion of stellate cells to fibrin producing cells
- Increases production of antioxidant enzymes (Nrf2 activation by herbs)
- Supplements cofactors to increase activity of antioxidant enzymes
- Supplements nutrients to improve cellular fluidity
Which then allows the body to naturally:
- Dissolve the fibrotic/cirrhotic tissue -- a natural process
- Multiply hepatocytes (liver cells) -- a natural process
- Remodel liver architecture -- a natural process
- Resume normal function -- a natural process
The HepTech System concept was proven by research conducted on mice with humanized livers. The theory has proven effective in clinical practice, as evidence by a reduction of symptom number and severity, and a movement of lab test values toward normal, in patients with Chronic Hepatitis C infection. Biopsy and serial Fibroscans documented Todd Schneider’s reversal from cirrhosis to normal liver density, and numerous testimonials report similar improvement in energy and life quality.
The HepTech System was formulated to:
- Quench free radicals with reduced antioxidants,
- Quench free radicals by activating the antioxidant enzymes with the required cofactors
- Increase production of the body’s native antioxidant enzymes (Catalase, SOD, Glutathione Peroxidase) by Nrf2 activation
- Increase cellular membrane fluidity
- With the free radical/inflammatory damage quenched, the body’s natural regenerative ability is free to dissolve fibrosis, restore liver structure, and ultimately restore liver functionality.